The winter twins have guns and glasses
They seduce my pupils and wife, backlit
In the cafeteria, they want to organize a party.
I try to explain
The Principles of Medieval Painting and
scold the inattention of the few who listen
some absent, some deaf
on layers of thought, of surface.
The girl with glasses asks, “are you mad enough to hit
me?
Because I wouldn’t mind,”
and she blushes
I grab a handful of toothpicks and storm out,
flustered.
Peter shows me that his class has purchased panels.
They will use glue as a vehicle.
I have no time to ask about the eggs.
A dude on a bike asks me something, I ignore him
He changes direction, slows down, and explains
You could be on a jury
I tell him to fuck off and
hasten towards the bus
Just across the bridge, my keys jangle
The same bus circles the outskirts of Rome and Philadelphia
Leaves me at strange stations, off-peak, off-season
I walk somewhere, now in Pittsburgh, now in Brooklyn
Counting streets
4th, 28th, 89th, like years, ignoring avenues
and
North and South
I end up in Narberth Park, of empty swings
or Central Park, a green where no one has been
On a railroad bridge in Queens, a tunnel, an overpass
Like I said already
There is a long list
Some people will never think of me again and
My name might never be said.
Paul tells me there’s a river for this
In French
Of which has not been discussed.
Sprouts of heirloom tomatoes, eaten by snails.
Peronospora is the death of poetry.


Nessun commento:
Posta un commento