sabato 27 luglio 2013

On Hate and Desire

I hate kittens

I hate kittens
Those sneaky shitty flirts. Please
subject me no more to adore
filth and ignorance.
I hate mothers
Self-righteous and absorbed nerve-worlds,
psychopaths! Please, No more children’s birthday parties!
I hate their perfectly chubby offspring
Made vultures - Yes,
I hate all children, the spoiled stinky sieves of deceit.
I hate boys, desperately cool, whether measured in loudness or in silence.
I hate girls, bitter princess magicians of Evel
I hate men and women alike
I despise arrogance.
Everyone makes their place, at different volumes, desperately
They write their names, The cats pee on the sofa.
But there are laws of civility.
What is capitalism’s greatest crime?

Dogs are too needy.  Poultry is too vulnerable. Cars are expensive. Music is lazy.
Painting repeats itself. But that is not the bad news,  after all.
Power and possessions wield power and possessions. Nothing is nothing.
The crime is the future that was promised
The past is not much consolation, alas.

Let’s watch Kung Fu Panda and Andrei Rublev
Let’s go to Siena, I’ll practice violin. Let’s read Lucretius.
After four days on the cold, I swear, thought I might never be
Myself again
Seething, consuming, and  scheming
And thinking what a beautifully porous and lavish piece to post:

I hate fathers and husbands and sons and lovers
Who in the evidence of this apocalypse, do not move
To surrender and all, because
Love is
letting go.

II.
Of course I never did. And
Fuck the weather. You obese psychotic mother
In the winter we live in the wet, In summer we live in the dry
Mud moves then hardens and cracks.  She must be kidding!
I can fit my finger in.
Fuck the snow, what a lousy lover, fuck rivers, helpless and clumsy
Victims, bed-wetters, with premature landside syndrome, hair-pullers and slobs
I hate this rain, the incessant insult to civility
To electricity and to roads, to fields and bridges
It is so shitty out! And where the fuck are you when the garden and forests burn up?
You whore, rain! You are the boss’s treacherous wife, smothering then absent
As if this is a game, one a lost vegan now Las vegas, or some jerkoff winery in California,
You know wounds cannot heal in this swamp
You know plants cannot grow
Oh and fuck farming, fuck my soil
I would even fuck this glass of wine, if it said “piece of ass” on it.
Or if it were full, ..now that’s a conundrum.

III.
I do not hate fire when it collaborates.
I do not hate dawn in winter nor dusk in summer.
I have consumed three portions of white wine from a smurf/nutella glass
And I smoked one joint and two cigarettes since
I remembered, obscenely, tragically, indimenticabile
A young woman’s ass
which I did cross the street to avoid-- before she knew I’d seen it, and
just after being transformed, moved, and schooled in the meaning of
desire.
Like a miniature icon of what destroys men, or
a detailed map of the farthest and most forbidden treasure.
Like a banner for all the desperate citizens
to celebrate. Two equal states of suspended perfection
in black, in high definition, surreal,
this land, this island, a latent perfume, a blonde breath.
A rare and joyous thing is youth
Let it be a reminder
That beauty is in the hands of the innocent
And should NOT be in my hands
lest I devour it.



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento